The John Michael Scanlon Fund
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
Where there is hatred,
Let me sow love;
Where there is injury,
Your pardon Lord;
And where there’s doubt,
True faith in you;
Grant that I may not so much seek to be
Consoled as to console;
To be understood,
As to understand;
To be loved,
As to love;
For it is in giving that we receive,
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned.
And it is in dying
That we are Born to eternal life.
-Prayer of St. Francis
In memory of our son, John Michael Scanlon, financial assistance applications are available to qualified purchasers of our publication, “We Hear Your Voice” or clients of our Consulting Sessions.
Financial Assistance as a means for our company to help families having one or more children with special needs.
Financial Assistance is open to any qualified purchaser or subscriber of our publication, “We Hear Your Voice,” or client of our Consulting Sessions.
A qualified purchase is as follows:
- A one-time Consulting Client
- A one-time Gift Card purchaser @ $24.99
- A one-time 13-Volume purchaser @ $24.99
A code, Gift2020, for the Financial Assistance Application, will also be provided via email to one-time purchasers of our Consulting Sessions, our $24.99 a la carte Volumes, and our $24.99 gift card option. Please note, duplicate applications sent, referencing the same order numbers and/or email address, will disqualify all applications corresponding to the given order number or email address.
Required: Submit only one application per qualified purchase. Multiple Financial Assistance Applications submitted by the same submitter does not increase financial assistance distribution opportunity.
Please use the same name and email address on your Financial Assistance Application as used for your purchase, subscription or Consulting Session.
Our Financial Assistance is not a financial grant. We do not require any financial or medical information from our applicants. We are aiming to make this process as simple and efficient as possible for our applicants.
Applicants are required to submit an essay about their family and special needs situation.
One interview with our Certified Professional Coach, at no cost, via Zoom, will be required prior to the release of Financial Assistance to those selected for assistance. This interview will be the final step in the financial assistance approval process.
Following is a list of helpful information required from our applicants:
- Number of people in your family household
- Number of people working full-time and/ part-time and type of work performed
- Number of children and age of children
- Number of children having special needs
- Type of special needs
- Amount of Financial Assistance you are requesting and how you intend to use Financial Assistance if awarded (Note: Financial Assistance can be used to help any family member within the home)
- Financial Assistance may range from $250 to $5000 depending on need and availability
- Examples of need may vary from basic living needs, safety needs, medical needs, and educational needs
- A brief explanation of your story, help you’ve sought, struggles you’ve overcome, and how you feel Financial Assistance will help your family
Decisions are based on need within the family and not on disability.
Financial Assistance will be disbursed on June 29th and October 16th of each year via check, Stripe, PayPal or check.
Selected recipients will be notified prior to disbursement dates and asked to reconfirm their selected method of receiving Financial Assistance.
Applications will be kept on file for one year (two disbursement cycles) for consideration for Financial Assistance.
Information submitted will not be shared or distributed and will remain within Special Needs X Three, LLC of Special Needs Consulting Group.